North Lincolnshire Council Legal Services

If you wish to contact us by email, our address is We use social media to communicate directly with local residents and businesses to provide information about community services, promote events and activities, and answer questions about community services. You can access many services on our website at the same time that are convenient for you. When you create an account, we will send you automatic updates if you choose to do so. You may be able to seek advice from a lawyer or train a legal advisor at a legal centre. You can find the nearest legal centre on the Law Centre Network website. Please note that there are no legal centres in Lincolnshire. Our self-service portal securely verifies who you are and allows you to access a range of online public services with a single account. You can request services, report problems, and track the progress of your requests faster and easier than ever before. Start now with “My Account”. If you are concerned about health and safety (including food safety) in a North Lincolnshire workplace, visit our Workplace Safety and Public Safety page for more information. If you are an employee who wishes to report concerns about your own employer, the Council is a prescribed body to receive these reports. As an employee, your return may be subject to the Public Interest Disclosures Act, which provides some protection for employees who report concerns.

Solicitors for the Elderly is an independent national organisation of lawyers providing specialist legal advice to elderly and vulnerable people, their families and carers. For more information, including your nearest lawyer, visit the Solicitors for the Senior website. Some lawyers give 30 minutes of legal advice for free. Some offer a flat fee; This way you know in advance how much the consultation will cost. You can call a law firm and ask if they offer a free half hour or a flat fee. For more information on legal aid, visit the website. You can search for a free legal aid clinic on the LawWorks website. You can also visit the charity`s website for information on other national organizations that may be able to help you.

Please note that there are no legal clinics in Lincolnshire. A free or scheduled appointment can help you learn about your rights and legal situation. This is a good way to find out if it`s worth taking someone else to court or if you have a case worth defending. If you have a low income and your case is serious, legal aid can pay some or all of your legal fees. You can get legal help if: You can find a legal aid lawyer on the Law Society`s website. To compliment us, please email us at, call us on 01724 297000 or write to us at Customer Experience Team, Church Square House, 30-40 High Street, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, DN15 6NL. The Council is also a mandatory body to raise concerns about consumer protection rules. For more information, please visit our Trading Standards page.

Please note that if you receive a call from 01724 296000, the council will call you back. Do not try to contact us at this number. If you missed a call from this number, we will try to call you back soon. Councillor Rob Waltham is the President of North Lincolnshire Council. He welcomes feedback on any issues and can be contacted at or by phone on 01724 297556. An “advance directive” allows you to communicate your wishes for future medical treatment, but is not legally binding. Instead, you may want to create a living will, called a “preliminary decision,” that sets out treatment you don`t want to receive in certain circumstances. This should be legally enforced, even if there is a risk that you will die from it. If you are not able to get legal aid, you are unlikely to receive help through “exceptional case funding.” You can find out how to apply for exceptional financing without the intervention of a lawyer on the Public Law Project website. If you can`t find the information you need online, you can contact us by phone, mail or in person.

Getting things done online is much cheaper than other contact methods, so we can spend more on essential services, so please only contact us if the information you want is not available on our website. Some charities or volunteer lawyers may be able to help you if you can`t get legal help or pay for your own lawyer or lawyer. If you can`t afford legal advice or support in court, you may be able to get free or affordable help. You could get: You can order most services, pay for things, and find information quickly and easily on this site. If you want to talk to us about housing tax or social benefits, call 03003 030164 from 9am to 4.30pm. You can also ask your nearest citizen consultation centre if they have a list of legal aid lawyers. Please go to the relevant part of the website to find what you are looking for. You can access the services from the home page, the menu in the top header, or our search engine.

If you have concerns about the way a community service is provided or the conduct of one or more of our employees, you can let us know about your concerns. There are different ways to do this, depending on the type of concern you have.