About Roper Used Cars in Joplin, MO
In 1958, Gil Roper purchased Dude Hinton Pontiac located at 9th and Joplin. He started Roper Pontiac with 10 employees, averaging 3-4 new cars and 10-20 used cars per month. With the construction of a new facility at 808 Illinois, in 1965 Gil Roper guided the dealership to a full-line facility including new and used cars, parts, service, and a body shop.
In 1970, Hal Roper resigned as district manager of Fuller Brush after 15 years of service to join his father in managing the dealership. The Honda franchise was acquired in 1973, GMC truck following in 1975, and Subaru in 1983. An addition was completed in 1984, expanding our service department and showroom at our main location. We continued growth year after year since then.
Throughout our history, Roper has placed emphasis on quality products, customer satisfaction, and service. Although we have grown to six locations and more than 100 employees, we believe the company's success depends on the cooperative effort of every employee to satisfy the customer. Hence the slogan Hal coined in 1990, "We're not happy 'til you're happy!"